Thursday 17 October 2013

Revenge of the cat


You might look at this picture, and think that there's a cute little cat staring at an egg-shaped plastic Anry Birds stamp. And you would be partly right. That is a quite cute picture. But looks can deceive you sometimes. What you see here, is a cat with the means for a revenge. I will tell you a true story.

Last Sunday, the lady of the house made a mistake and left the house for a WHOLE day, leaving me alone with the rest of the staff (all entertainers as I have told you). I managed through the day somehow, but decided that the lady had to be taught a lesson. I wouldn't tolerate this kind of abandonment just like that! When the lady of the house came back home late in the evening, I had a plan ready.

The staff went to bed just like every night. Usually I retire to bed too at the same time, but now I had something else on my mind. As soon as I heard the lady climbing into bed and making herself comfortable, I executed my plan. I was upstairs where the smallest of the staff sleep, and I had found this plastig egg-shaped Angry Birds stamp. I noticed it behaved like a ball, and I started rolling it around the laminate floor. You can guess it makes quite a noice in otherwise silent house. The lady of the house listened the annoying noice a while before she came upstairs to try and stop my fun. As soon as she arrived upstairs, I was just lying on the floor, purring and looking sweet. She hadn't even her glasses on (she's blind as a bat without her glasses), so obviously she didn't find my toy. She picked some other toy she thought the noice was coming from (I can tell you there were many options to choose from, there were more toys on the floor than on the cabinets), and put it away. I was smiling with my eyes, as she returned downstairs. Again I heard her climbing into bed, and again I started rolling the Angry Birds stamp on the floor upstairs. VICTORY!! She listened the ruckus for a while again, before deciding she won't be able to get any sleep before my means for the revenge was removed from me. Upstairs she came again, determined to find the right source of the noise. Again, I switched to my sweetest behaviour, purring and curling on the floor in front of her. Finally, she found the stamp and put it away. I considered she had passed her lesson and I let her go to bed in peace after that.

Never underestimate the power of a cat with a revenge...

By the way, if you would like to read how I improved the laundry process in our house, you can read the story here.


8 comments:

  1. Ah, the sweet sound of revenge rolling around the floor at night. Good job, Carlos. And on the laundry problem too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever, Carlos. Very clever. Usually when we try something like that, Dad grabs one of us and takes that kittie to bed with him. Nice if you want to cuddle. Annoying as all heck if you want to run and play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... My staff often tries that too. I usually think it's annoying, because I should be the one who decides when it's time to cuddle and when not. They don't always understand that.

      Delete
  3. Amigo, você é um "pequeno gênio do mal" hehehe
    Pobre humana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dood...ewe knead ta get a two week old halibutt N stik it in de AC/heatin vent sum time N sit bak N watch de fun :) !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good, but the vents here in my country are a bit different... The one we have is located above the window, which is even for me off limits.Have to give this one a bit more thought...

    ReplyDelete